Working with blue o two...
Any jobs available within blue o two will be posted here. Please see below for current vacancies in the UK and overseas.
There are currently no vacancies within our UK Office.
There are currently no vacancies in our overseas locations.
Red Sea Diving Work Experience Programme:
The blue o two red Sea Diving Work Experience Programme has been designed to give the opportunity to keen divers to get a chance to come to the Red Sea and dive onboard a blue o two liveaboard, while getting work experience in the scuba industry.
Positions will be offered to motivated and reliable candidates each month and the programme has a 3 month duration. blue o two is looking for responsible, eager to dive, punctual and customer-orientated individuals who want to dive in the Red Sea every day and learn what the scuba industry is about.
Please contact us to check available dates for this programme. Unfortunately, all of our internship places for 2017 have now been confirmed. We are now only considering applications for 2018 onwards.
You will need to arrive a few days before the start date to settle down, get to know the team and receive your first guidance information. Upon arrival, you will be provided with a fully-furnished apartment in Hurghada, to be used as on-land accommodation to store your belongings and relax in on your week off. Once on the boat, you will have all your meals provided. Some of our vessels have dive guide accommodation, but on some weeks when the boat is full, you may have to sleep on deck. You will receive Euro 50 back from your deposit for every week you stay and once your skills are satisfactory, you will be entitled to a portion of the tips.
During your experience, you will:
- Improve your diving skills
- Learn more about the Red Sea diving
- Learn from a professional team about the scuba industry
- Dive every day and gain invaluable experience
- Develop your abilities as a professional diver
- Have an unforgettable life experience
The requirements to apply are:
- You must be able to dedicate 3 months to this programme
- Be qualified as PADI DM (or equivalent) or higher AND have 100 logged dives
- Arrange and pay for your return own flights - due to Egyptian regulations, only scheduled flights can be purchased for a length of stay longer than one month.
- Have current professional diving insurance and comprehensive travel insurance
- Pay GBP 1000 as a deposit*
- Be a keen diver and a responsible and motivated person
- Fill out the PDF application form. For applications to Egypt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon successful completion of the programme and review of the experience, you will receive a letter of reference and/or a certificate of completion.
* You will receive Euro 50 back for every week you complete. The deposit covers your Egyptian entry visa, airport transfers, use of a furnished apartment whilst on land, internal transfers to the vessel, all food onboard, nitrox fills and the marine park fees. You will be working with and learning from the dive guides onboard.
DOWNLOAD the pdf application form here >>>
PADI Divemaster Internship:
We are pleased to be teaming up with dive centre Voodoo Divers in Hurghada to provide a joint program of the PADI Divemaster Internship.
Designed to help you take the first step to being a diving professional, this new and unique programme gives you the opportunity to learn the ropes whilst benefiting from experience at a high quality shore based daily diving centre in combination with work experience on our award-winning Red Sea liveaboard fleet.
We hope the applicants will approach this as they would any life changing opportunity. We want you to learn in a supportive, friendly and professional environment to give you the best possible experience and springboard you in to your diving career and in return we would like to see you quickly become a useful part of a working team.
We run our joint Internship programme over 12 consecutive weeks. You will complete the PADI Divemaster course over 4-5 weeks to ensure you've had a really thorough exposure to courses and as many guiding experiences as possible.
Weeks 1 - 4: PADI Divemaster course and experience of working at a daily dive centre at Voodoo Divers
Week 5:Divemaster course debrief, handover and preparation for liveaboard experience
Weeks 6 - 10: Liveaboard experience at blue o two
Weeks 11 - 12: Option to continue with blue o two or return to Voodoo Divers (performance depending)
(all timings are approximate and may vary according to your progress through the Divemaster programme).
What will a normal day look like for me?
At blue o two:
Boats sail on a Saturday morning and return to the marina mid-afternoon the following Thursday. During a week on board a liveaboard the intern will initially watch the work carried out by our dive guides - initial pre-safari boat and equipment checks, managing dive schedules for the day (3-4 dives depending upon location), pre-dive briefings, kit and equipment issues, all aspects of guest relations, on board merchandise sales, meal timings, crew liaison, closure of guests accounts at the end of the week and communication with land based ground support staff..
At Voodoo Divers:
This depends on whether you are assisting with a course, assisting with guiding guests or actually learning yourself. There will always be an interesting mix of things to observe then put in to practice yourself, as well as learning the theory (that is an essential part of your course). We typically do two dives per day and the boat stays out all day. There will be a third dive and a night dive at least once a week. Working days for Voodoo Divers are typically 8am - 6pm in high season so be prepared to commit yourself to hard work, but also know there is a cold beer waiting at the end of the day and lots of diving stories at the on-site bar most nights (with a guest BBQ on a Wednesday for good measure).
Guiding - both daily and on safari:
You will be expected to gain general familiarization of dive sites that you have visited so that later in the placement, you can reliably guide certified divers on sites you are familiar with, and in some circumstances, carry out pre-dive briefings for a dive.
The price for all of this is merely £1,650* for the entire 12 weeks. For this price you will receive your PADI Dive Master course, a shared apartment within walking distance of Voodoo Divers and the blue o two office, an allowance of €50 per week, food on board the liveaboard vessels and Voodoo's Red Sea Star vessel and entry visas.
If this sounds like your thing we'd love to hear from you. Please send an updated copy of your CV and a completed Internship application form to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. If successful, we will arrange a call to go through everything with you.
DOWNLOAD the pdf application form here >>>
Please note that we can only accommodate up to two interns starting each month so please don't make any plans until you have had confirmation from us. Unfortunately, all of our internship places for 2017 have now been confirmed. We are now only considering applications for 2018 onwards.
*Additional costs that you should factor in are:
- Course manuals/study materials(approx. €150 -€180)
- Mandatory diving equipment (found under Divemaster Course Kit Requirements)
- Pre-course Dive Master medical (that we recommend you obtain prior to arrival in Egypt - we can help you obtain one but it will delay the start of your course)
- Professional diving insurance
- DM PADI Certification Fee at approx. €140
- DM Professional Membership fee
Thanks to Dray Van Beeck for providing the underwater images featured.